Tuesday 27 September 2011

Where will I have heard your Voiceovers?

One of the questions which I am asked most often - apart from "Why can't you read the Radio 2 news from your vocie booth?" (and how do you maintain your youthful good looks!) is where will I have heard your voiceovers?

Normally I just say that you probably won't have heard me. As I haven't recorded voiceovers for any national TV advertising campaigns, it is unlikely I will have been heard by most people. However I am the voice of on-hold for e2save and the various insurance groups owned by Hastings Direct.


There is also my regular on-hold voice work which you can hear if you phone up companies like Mercedez Benz, Kwikfit,Vodafone, Parceline or the Carphone Warehouse. While you are on-hold you will hear me reading news, weather sport etc while you wait for a real live person to speak to you.

Recently I recorded my first ADR session in a Soho studio - again as a Newsreader (not being typecast by anyone am I?) and you will be able to hear me on Channel 4's new teen comedy drama "Fresh Meat" which is showing at 10pm on Wednesdays. I am featured in Episode 5 which is due to be shown on Wednesday 19th October.


So at last - after ten years in the business - I will be able to say that yes you may have heard me doing a voiceover on TV.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.